Los Angeles, California Multiple Offender DUI Lawyer
A second drunk driving arrest or conviction can put your future in serious jeopardy. By hiring an experienced attorney, you can ensure that your rights are protected and that your needs are addressed.
The Law Offices of Jonathan Franklin will confidently handle a range of issues for individuals facing DUI charges, including administrative hearings and driver’s license suspensions. Attorney Jonathan Franklin has been handling criminal defense and drunk driving matters for years, having helped numerous individuals deal with the consequences of the charges they are facing.
Contact us at 310.273.9600 to schedule your free consultation. We are dedicated to helping clients understand how the laws apply to DUI multiple offenders.
Consequences for a Second Offense DUI Conviction
If you are convicted as a DUI multiple offender on a 2nd DUI charge, a range of penalties may apply, including:
- Probation: 3-5 years of court probation; no drinking and driving during this time period
- Fines: $1800 to $2800 in addition to court fees; some courts allow individuals to work off part of the fines through community services
- Driver’s License Suspension: 2 years; DMV may grant a restricted or temporary license after one year; an ignition interlock device may be installed on your vehicle at your expense
- DUI School: 18 months of a drug and alcohol education program
- Jail or Prison Time: Mandatory 96 hours; some counties require 10 days, other 30
DUI Multiple Offender Issues
The punishments for DUI convictions become more severe with each additional DUI one. Whether you are a first-time offender or facing your 4th or 5th DUI charge, it is important to enlist the assistance of a lawyer who can aggressively stand up for your rights.
Do not face your DUI charges alone, especially if you are a multiple offender. For a free consultation with the Law Offices of Jonathan Franklin, contact us at 310.273.9600. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day.