Beverly Hills Criminal Attorney The Law Offices of Jonathan Franklin
Effectively dealing with a criminal charge requires an experienced lawyer who is committed to achieving a positive outcome.
As a former prosecutor, Jonathan Franklin learned how good prosecutors and defense lawyers succeed. He also learned how to recognize the strengths and weaknesses in a case and how to use them to achieve results.
He now uses those skills to defend the rights and freedom of people who are accused of DUI, white collar crimes, domestic violence, drug charges, and other crimes in the Los Angeles area and throughout Southern California.
Prior to forming the Law Offices of Jonathan Franklin, Jonathan served as an Assistant State Attorney for the Orange County State Attorney's Office in Orlando, Florida. While there, Jonathan prosecuted a wide variety of criminal matters, including numerous DUI cases, drug charges, domestic violence matters, sex crimes, fraud, embezzlement and theft matters.
Before joining the Orange County State Attorney's Office, Jonathan received his undergraduate degree from the University of Colorado at Boulder, and then attended Florida's oldest law school, Stetson University College of Law, in St. Petersburg, Florida. While attending Stetson, Jonathan worked as a Special Assistant Public Defender for the St. Petersburg/Clearwater Public Defender's Office. After arriving in California, Jonathan worked in-house at Spelling Television and Dick Clark Productions. After gaining invaluable experience in both governmental and corporate sectors, Jonathan opened his own firm to focus on criminal defense matters.
Jonathan is active in various professional organizations. He enjoys his membership in The Order of Distinguished Attorneys through the Beverly Hills Bar Association, as well as serving on the Delegation Committee of the Los Angeles Bar Association. Jonathan especially enjoys his involvement with several local charitable organizations and has participated in numerous fundraising events, including marathon training and participation to support local causes. His proactive efforts continue to provide funding to local charitable organizations in the Los Angeles area, and pave the way for national awareness of issues on a global level.
Jonathan is also a supporter in the theatrical arts. He is an active member of the Screen Actor's Guild, and is involved with the Actor's Fund of America. Jonathan has appeared on stage, film, and television, and for the Walt Disney Company in Tokyo, Japan. Jonathan also sits on the Board of the Hollywood Heights Association.
Areas of Practice:
- 100% Criminal Defense (Including DUI Defense).
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation.
- Florida, 1992.
- California, 1995.
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1995.
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida.
- University Of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, 1987.
Major: Political Science.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, 1994 - Present.
- Member, Order of Distinguished Attorneys.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2007 - Present.
- Delegation Committee.
- American Bar Association, 1993 - Present.
- Screen Actors Guild, 1995 - Present.
- Hollywood Heights Association, 2006 - 2007.
- Board of Directors.
Past Employment Positions:
- Orange County State Attorney's Office, Assistant State Attorney.
- Pinellas County Public Defender's Office, Special Assistant Public Defender.
- Spelling Television, Inc.
- Dick Clark Productions, Inc.
- 1965, St. Petersburg, Florida, United States of America.
For a free consultation with Beverly Hills Criminal Lawyer Jonathan Franklin, contact us at 310-273-9600.